Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dean Precedent

I have been to or listened to Budget speeches that involved Dean Barrow for many many years and he has been verbally uncouth whenever the standing orders allowed him...or not. Over the years, he has glistened in his wrath. So his disparage this past Monday in a super ego trip came as no surprise to me. In previous postings, I have said that I do not want my Prime Minister to be oozing hate and be involved in verbal mischief. It irks me and mellows me to see it happening especially since he represents the nation, our jewel. I refuse to believe that our nation wants to see that public display of uncontrolled ire.

Lately there have been many attempts by our government to place their use of words on the pedestal of lexicons displayed by dictionaries. It would be novel and positively revealing from them to use as reference the Holy Bible. I have not been informed by Google(humour) that the dictionary is a bastion of good moral standing. The dictionary is more or less neutral; it displays heavenly angels as well as satanic demons.

Dean is proving over and over again that he is a Category Five on the "dutty mouth" scale. That category does not allow him to be far from having a lowly spirit. Belize's NEMO should have been urgently activated by default. As a Belizean I am asking for the Prime Minister to apologize to the nation to have reached to this low. I really don't care if Dean Barrow shows any remorse, if that is possible. Let me reiterate. Dean Barrow can remain unrepentant but our Prime Minister must officially apologize.

In our Internet age, the world is watching and I as a Belizean refuse to let vitriolic rants by our prime Minister be displayed globally. I am not even asking for his resignation. I get the itch that our Belizean populace will take care of that electoral flogging when the time comes AND if he signs in to another championship fight.

I wonder if Dean Barrow will again "campaign like the devil?"

I wonder if Dean Barrow is self-imposing "a sustained campaign of civil disobedience?"

Other questions are "Does Dean Barrow really care for the electorate and Belizean people?" and Does Dean Barrow believe that the Prime Minister is an office below him?"

n.b. Notice that I did not say what the Prime Minister said on March 15, 2010. I wish not to insult you all with its repetition. Maybe I did say HOW he speaks. Such is the precedent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be full of respect for one another for the sake of Orange Walk!