Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Catch the Spirit


Countdown Clocks

As Christmas Eve sets in, the tingles from deep within start bubbling up with increasing fervor. As from a champagne or a fizzy drink, the bubbles reach to the surface and pop out into smiles and greetings or kisses and dinners for those of kin. Here in our beloved town the buzz of the vehicles, the whisper of people, the shuffles of shoes, the blessing of a drizzle, and the shining of lights inside every home point to the fact that Christmas is alive and well. I have never doubted it.

And how can I forget, every year the sound of Christmas tunes bedazzle me. How about you?

Yesterday as I was driving around town, there was the inevitable rush towards decorating the exterior of the homes. 'People do not want to seem as if they do not care'... is my deduction. But who knows; the reasons may be lots and varied. What matters as Christmas Eve sets in is that the SPIRIT from deep within is caught when it matters most.

Christmas Day 2008 will never return.


It is up to the young of age and the young of soul to Catch the Spirit before you start thinking that Christmas is 370 days away!

In a future blog I will post pictures of Orange Walk during this Christmas time. But for now I will be bad... or daring if you want to call it that. YOU...Go OUT! Take a personal visual sampling of the lights and absorb the feeling. Then return and see what I have and say..."oh, I saw that!



This is just an INSIGHT to our Dreams for and of Orange Walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be full of respect for one another for the sake of Orange Walk!