Tuesday, August 30, 2011

You call THAT a consultation?

As I watch the television blitz of advertisements that WE the taxpayers are paying for, I am appalled at what happened at Corozal's version of the "Ninth Amendment to Belize's Constitution consultation". These "consultations" remind me of when I see someone that goes on tv and says "we will organize a BIG weekend...we will have lime and spoon, tug-a-war and sports." These consultations are a farce and do no less than insult thinking Belizeans.

When I go on a consultation with a doctor, I wish to ask him questions, tell him how I feel and expect him to listen to me explain clearly what I have/feel in order for him to offer a diagnosis. I won't LIE to him. He won't give me pre-prepared questions for me to ask him. He won't hurry me if he does not like the disease that I am feeling. He is supposed to offer a way for my pain to be done away with and to remove anything that caused it in the first place.

How can I say this? The people that I saw line-up were nothing short of non-sensical. They were a group of people that didn't understand what the ninth amendment was all about. I think it was a shame for them to be placed there to go to the microphones and then added shame for the government to use their pictures in partisan political advertisements.

I have heard government leaders say on the face of huge throngs of protesters, "Oh these TEN Thousand people are not the majority." The people that were placed before the microphones in Corozal are not the majority and the only respect I give them is that they are Belizeans and entitled to their opinion. I do not respect their letting themselves to be tricked into speaking of an issue that the vast majority of them were obviously clueless about. Those that sent them into the political jaws are nothing short of cowards.

Students don't let yourself be polarized at this age. The young that were sent there were equally taken advantage of in Corozal. The young have a lot of sprite but there is lots to be desired of those that presented. If you sound too RED or too BLUE you are already on the wrong side. Be intelligent!

I will err on the side of FREEDOM.

ANYTHING that seeks to curtail freedom will be WRONG no questions asked.

The minority of people wreaking havoc on our nation cannot hold the peace lovers--the majority-- to ransom. PM this is not as simple as removing the tint from our vehicle's windows. Why do you think that you will succeed with the ninth when you have not succeeded in untinting the tint from our vehicles' windows?

I suggest you recall the ninth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be full of respect for one another for the sake of Orange Walk!