Monday, March 23, 2009

Haters

Intelligentsia... The Russian form for 'the educated people in our society' has a flair that rings in my ears. The ring is sweet. This honey is one that I would like to daub all over us. We all ought to start from scratch. Let us notice, and squeeze from our surroundings that that we are oblivious to from our everyday lives.

I will make a list. And my challenge to you is think... 'Do I do that?'

  1. Be amazed by a rainbow or a double rainbow... one is inverted.
  2. Think that dogs are talking to us as they bark.
  3. Walk in a garden after the rain and see how the rain beads on the petals of that rose.
  4. It is raining and you do not run. You are wet and feel rushed with energy.
  5. Wait for the next full moon... and eclipse... and stars... and dusk... then dawn (with a lil yawn).
  6. Count seconds after a flash of lightning waiting for the thunder... and all the crackles.
  7. Go to a Caye or somewhere only to see the sun rise and breathe in the air.

Are you thinking...'Do I do that?'

Next 7...
  1. Are amazed with technology...even though you own the latest Ipod and fastest of computers.
  2. Observe a fruit from the time it was a flower...day after day... and finally bite into it.
  3. Ogle a green green leaf and be amazed by the crisp venation.
  4. Drop a stone into a well and listen to the water splash. (Pull up a bucket of water)
  5. Go to your church services and be glad for these things.
  6. Wake up early in the morning to relish the dew that's all over.
  7. Watch ants build a nest and mischievously fill up the hole and see them start over.
  8. See how pastry being baked raises and browns right before your eyes. (Thru a glass)
Oh........! Guys I am so sorry. I was supposed to talk about Haters. I ended up giving them suggestions about things that they could do to fill up their time.

Truthfully: I refrained from talking about haters because then I might be hating on haters. Nah! I love my fellow human beings. They are all as imperfect as I am.

Smile guys... Oh and... do you want to add to my list? Be happy, you will then part of the intelligentsia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be full of respect for one another for the sake of Orange Walk!